previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

ranco ozolmajas 21A mini zoo where the beautiful horses of the Irish Tinker variety, ponies, long-feathered French donkeys, alpacas, multi-breed goats and sheeps, African ostriches, peacocks and other breeds of birds, as well as rabbits can be found. Great picnic place. Book your visit in advance!

balvu muiza 08 2020Estate palace was built in 1769 it was renovated several times conforming it to school needs. Now Balvi Further education and human recourse centre. There is one of the best acoustic in the estate house all over the Latvia. Bear garden former estate house fruit garden it is enclosed by hazel avenue. There is pound with island in the middle of the garden. Now there is original stone garden with 23 compositions and including 49 stones in it.

In 2010 Balvi museum move to new building reconstructed estate house. Breath of history changes with new breezes-there you can see estate people built cellar vault and exhibition halls with roof windows; ancient barn doors which are made from 200 years old wood and furniture made by local masters; exhibitions which tells about municipality ancient times and new artist look for life. Museum is founded in 1989 and there are more than 23 thousand units in its collection. 

Traditional music, folklore, customs, psalms, chants of May, people skills and others values of North Latgale are reflected in five exhibition rooms of the museum with the modern form of expression. The museum's interior elements (authentic objects, exhibits) in the exhibitions are combined with modern artistic expressions and technologies - video projections, innovative graphic design and touch screen applications.

Church was built more than 200 years ago in the 1804. It is fair with its specific architectonic pattern because initially it was built by example of orthodox churches. Church was renovated in 2004. It is state significance architecture monument.

Address: Street Baznīcas 3, Balvi
Phone: +371 64521375, 64521430 (museum)

GPS: 57.1337208, 27.2718618

Church was built in 1915. There is 500 seating in the church. Tower bell weight is 530 kilos and it is made in Germany. It is state significance cultural monument.

Address: Street Bērzpils 17, Balvi
Phone: +371 29638005, +371 26311959
GPS: 57.1282173, 27.2674584

Fountain appearance idea author is artist Ivars Vucāns. Technological solution for realization of idea and fountain project was worked out in the company “Akvedukts”. Germany plant “OASE” professional fountain equipment was used for fountain creating. Building works started in 2003 in the season of autumn, when pump room, basin of fountain and tubing system was assembled; it was built in leadership of building company “Valdis”. Hydro technical works was done by company “Balteco Venta”; electronically works was done by Alūksne city fountain creator and enthusiast in fountain creation Alvits Grīvnieks. The most beautiful water lilly blossoms just in the nights.

Address: City square, Balvi